What I'm Reading this Month: August

by - September 01, 2019






     Wow. August went by way too fast! Last month, I wasn’t able to do a “what I’m reading” post so I attached it to my Update post here
     I promised that I would do an August what I’m reading post so here it is. It’s a little small but at least it’s something!

Storm Front, The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher


     Storm Front is the first book of a very long series written by Jim Butcher called The Dresden Files. The first book follows Harry Dresden, a professional wizard, as he attempts to help the Chicago P.D. uncover the killer behind two very violent and magical deaths. Furthermore, he aids a woman in search of her missing husband while navigating the case. 
     Storm Front is a beautifully written, humorous, and adventurous novel. I loved it from start to finish. I’m eager to buy book two and continue on with Harry’s journey. The book is magical and more of a modern fantasy/mystery novel and I absolutely loved it!





Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas


     Kingdom of Ash is the seventh and (I believe) the final book of the Throne of Glass series. I actually haven’t finished this one yet. I’m only about one hundred pages in so it might be a repeat on my September list. 
     I won’t be giving out any plot points for Kingdom of Ash for the sake of not giving away spoilers to potential readers. However I will give a brief description of Throne of Glass the first book of the series.
     Throne of Glass follows an assassin named Celeana Sardothien on her mission to become the Kings Champion to earn her freedom. Along the way, she learns about hidden secrets of the palace, magic, and mysterious dark forces that threaten her world. As the series advances, expect more magic, war, friendship, and romance. It’s a truly beautiful fantasy series.



If you like this post, check out some similar posts of mine below:

Click here to view


Or, subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get some cool deals and be updated about sweet content!


Feel free to leave a comment below or email me with questions or concerns you may have at info.amelia.wilson@gmail.com

Also, check out my poetry book, The Lights are on but Nobody’s Home, available now on amazon for $9.99!


Disclaimer: All of the views and opinions in this post are solely my own and are not sponsored.


Thanks again


You May Also Like

0 comments