Summer Bucket List 2019

by - June 13, 2019



My summer bucket list

Alright, so it’s finally summer. The weather is beautiful. Life is thriving. And my to-do list is never ending. I’ve found myself trying to document as much content and action as possible from my adventures and little journeys (most of it on Instagram). And let me tell you, there is A LOT to post about. BUT! I wanted to dive in just a little further with a list of things I want to do before summer is officially over.

Before I get into it, I want to say that aside from the more “fun” aspects of summer, I intend to get my book in stores, move (twice), get college figured out for the fall, and get on with my book give away on insta and a few more project reveals.

So my summer is looking pretty jam packed. But for the sake of this blog post, I wanted to list a few summer ideas for those who are looking for a way to cure boredom and for myself, as a “bucket list” of must do’s.

So without further ado, let’s get into it!

  1. Go to the lake or beach
    Alright, I’m going to be honest and say that I don’t get to the Ocean very often. I live in the middle of Indiana. The Ocean is a bit of a drive away for me. However, Lake Michigan isn’t too far away, making it a good day trip!
     I have some big plans to go to Lake Michigan for a sort of “beach” day. It’s a good little family vacation idea or date idea with the SO so, this is definitely up top on my bucket list for the summer.

  1. Go to the fair
     What would summer be without a few fairs and carnivals?
     Here in Indy, there are two fairs I look forward to each year: the Marion county fair and the State Fair. I have also been to the Johnson and Monroe county fairs.
    I personally love to see all of the colorful lights after dark, eat funnel cakes and elephant ears, laugh with friends, and ride some rides.
    My favorite thing about fairs is the food. It’s really bad for you, and typically pretty wacky, but I love it!


  1. Camping!
     So, until I met Matt, I hadn’t done much camping, and the camping I had done should probably have been considered “glamping.”
     It’s really fun to explore a new wildlife park or forest, put up a tent, hike, swim, kayak, barbecue, and roast marshmallows over the fire. I am a fairly outdoorsy kind of person so camping is always a riot. I’m definitely looking forward to this for the summer.

  1. Explore a new city/town
    I’m going to be honest, before I got a car and a job, I hadn’t been outside of Indy beyond Greenwood, and I only ever went to Greenwood maybe twice a year. Now I LIVE in Greenwood and have explored almost every inch of it. And of course, Indy has been well traversed by me.
    My goal for the summer is to explore more towns and cities near me. I want to explore Franklin, Mooresville, Carmel, and Columbus. I’ll be moving north in a few months so I need to get going on these explorations!
    I really like exploring new places because even though I’m only thirty minutes away from home, the culture and life is still different from my own. I don’t know. It’s just fun.

  1. Try 5 new eateries
    This could go along with exploring a new city/town. Each time I go somewhere new, I have to try out a new restaurant or diner. I love eating new foods and finding new places.
    I leave reviews on google at most places (I know, I’m weird) and I’ve received some good feedback from them. I’m actually considering trying some new places out and maybe reviewing them here for those who are interested.

  1. Picnics
    This is the cheapest thing on my summer bucket list, I think, and still one of the greatest. I love picnics, or even cookouts. My family does this all the time and I absolutely adore it.
     Since I’ll be back with my family this summer, I’m excited to get back into cookouts and picnics with them on our days off.
     I don’t know why eating outside is so fun to me. But it is. And I’m looking forward to some quality family, friend, and SO time.

  1. More outdoor reading/writing
     This is one of those bucket list items that feels more like a necessity than a “eh maybe.” I have slacked SO MUCH on reading. How on earth am I supposed to maintain a “what I’m reading this month” series if I am not reading?!
      This summer, my goal is to read at least 2-3 books each month. I know I can do it. I have time. And of course, I have the beautiful outdoors to enjoy. Laying under the sun with a good book is the best feeling in the world.


Check out my “What I’m reading” series!



  1. Fireworks
     This is not JUST a Fourth of July thing. I love setting off fireworks the week before, after, and weeks later. Yes. I’m that person. I love taking pictures of the sparks and editing them. I love hanging out with friends and waving around sparklers. I’m certainly looking forward to this.
      I still have some sparklers from last year that need to be put to good use and honestly, I’ve considered using them in the middle of June because...why not?

  1. Drive in movie nights
     I’ve only been to the drive in once, to see End game. It was amazing. Unfortunately it was cold outside so we had to keep the car running with the heater but I loved every minute of it.
     I hope to do this again this summer. Maybe with Matt. Maybe with some friends. Maybe with my fam. Or all three. I just found it to be a really welcoming experience. It was nicer than sitting at home and watching a movie inside on the tv. That’s what I did all winter.

  1. The zoo!
    The zoo hasn’t always been something I really enjoyed. Weird right? Since I’ve got a job and a car, it’s become a more exciting day trip. Last year, I took my sister to the zoo and it was amazing! It was great to have a little sister date, just the two of us.
    I’ve also been to the Cincinnati zoo with Matt and that was incredible. That zoo is beautiful and full of variety. It was a huge step up compared to Indianapolis. However, Indy has a really cool dolphin program and orangutan exhibit.
    This summer, I would love to revisit the Cincinnati zoo as well as the zoo in downtown Indy.

     So that’s it! That’s my summer bucket list! There is much more but I decided it’d be simpler to include 10 of my favorites!

If you like this post, go ahead and click that subscribe button to be notified about more posts like this and to get into some exclusive deals and giveaways!

Also, if you have any questions or thoughts go ahead and leave it in the comments section or email me at info.amelia.wilson@gmail.com!

Want to read my latest post? Click below!

You May Also Like

0 comments